While this kid is a handful, he's still a great kid. I don't know if I have ever seen a kid that's in such a hurry to grow up. This gives him the drive to succeed at work. As far as I can tell, he's really responsible there. That makes him an asset to the company.
He works for Ink Screen Graphics in Spanish Fork. He is the guy to talk to if you need a bunch of t-shirts printed up. He is pretty good at designing the shirts, but really good at printing them. The biggest complaint that I ever hear from him about work, is the heat. But, he really enjoys it anyway. (They are always looking for business, so if your thinking about getting some shirts...call, email, or comment on this blog, and we'll try to get you going on it!)
I have a hard time believing that he is a Senior in High School already. Time has flown by way too fast. I remember when he was little, maybe two years old, driving past any large willow tree, and him cringing in fear of the "monster tree!" Dawn and I still call the Bobcat tractors "sghettios," because that's what he called them. I miss the little boy that asked the thousand questions about anything that popped into his head. I didn't always appreciate them then, but... I'm thrilled that he is my oldest is a boy, because there were many fun times while he was growing up.
He'll be a great man. Anything that he truly puts his mind to, he can accomplish. A good example of that is the pick-up that he is fixing, or having fixed. When he decided he could do it, he did it. When he decided he couldn't, he earned the money for someone who could do it for him.
The age that Jake is at right now, is a trying age for parent/child relationships. But regardless of how hard it is, I hope that Jake realizes, that we love him tons. As we have watched him grow, and go through some hard knocks, our hearts have been right there with him. And as we have watched the things that he has been able to overcome, and many of his accomplishments, our hearts have pounded with pride.
I guess I could ramble on forever, but I'll stop here. I love my son! And now the whole world can read about it.
1 comment:
There are so many stink'n things wrong (no pun intended) with this post's title.
Post a Comment