The Garrett Gazette
8/3/08
Dear Family and Friends,
HOLY CRAP! This week has been….interesting! Fun at sometimes, Terrifying at others! AH! So I'll start from the beginning.
Monday was Bekah's birthday! Grandma and Grandpa Clayton came over for dinner! Bekah's WHOLE birthday was Hannah Montana I'm pretty sure! Well…except for the present I gave her! I made her a pretty pink skirt, and she seems to like it…she's wearing it to church today! She got a Hannah Montana CD, a drawing set thingy, folders, and a CD player alarm Clock! Everything had SOMETHING to do with Hannah Montana! She had a good birthday I think. She invited her friend Riley over and they had a sleepover in the tent!
Tuesday was Bekah's Friend party! At 9:30 she had like six friends come over for a breakfast party! They ate breakfast, made bracelets and painted nails. My job was to keep the girls entertained. We still had a while left till the party was over so I taught all the girls The Boot Scootin' Boogie. Most of the girls loved it and wanted to do the dance over and over and over and over and over again! I had a great time teaching them.
Wednesday Daddy and Jakie left to go on a Canoe trip! They went to the Green River or something like that. They spent all day packing and then left about 4:30 that afternoon. They had tons of fun on their trip! Both Dad and Jakie fell in the water while they were there and I guess it was pretty hot during the night. (They were up there Wed-Saturday)
Emily watched the girls so that me and mom could go to Young Women's! She's getting good at watching Bekah and Hannah!
Now Thursday is where it gets fun! Mommy worked Thursday morning but when she got off work we went out to eat! She took us to her work in Draper so that we could have lunch there! The girls loved it, but they burned my chicken…I wasn't too impressed. After lunch we went to the dollar theater and watched Prince Caspian. It wasn't as good as the first Chronicles of Narnia…but it was still good! When that was over we went to Old Navy to get some last minute clothes! I got a couple cute things! We rented a movie and got some pizza and went home! College Road Trip is the movie that we got! Donny Osmond is in it and he is HILARIOUS! The movie was cute, but Donny made it even better! So yeah…Thursday was great fun!
Friday mommy worked, but when she got off we went to Booth Brothers to get some music for me and Emily. I got Little Women, and Emily got Enchanted (the sheet music for it). Later on Friday I went to a play with Grandma and Grandpa. "The promised land" It was a Musical about 1 Nephi! I loved it! Anyway…when we came back from the play I noticed that there was a slope with red and orange all over it! I then realized that the slope was a mountain, the red and orange was a fire, and the fire was close to my house! I was SO scared! We got up to my house as fast as we could, but they wouldn't let us all the way up the street. They told us that our neighborhood had been evacuated and that we had to leave. The fire at that time (about 10:30 pm) was right behind the Tobler's house. (they live right behind us) We turned around and went back to Grandma's house hoping that Mommy and the girls would be there (remember…Jake and Dad were gone) Luckily Everyone was at Grandma's! We stayed the night at Grandma and Grandpa's house! Then we went home the next morning…luckily the fire was out by then! Thank you Grandma for letting us stay at your house!!!
As we look at our mountain now it is really black. There are some spots that are green, but mostly it's black. The Riley's live up the mountain a little bit and I thought for sure that their house would be gone. Amazingly the fire stopped right behind their house and went around it instead. If you look at it from the High school it's REALLY cool! It looks like there was a Bubble around our ward that made it so that the fire couldn't get us!
We are SO grateful that everything worked out fine! We send out lots of thanks to all our friends who called to make sure we were alright…Carrie, Trevor, Emily, Nicole, and others I'm pretty sure! We Love you all and are SO glad that everyone is alright! (I'll send a picture of the fire…Kylee sent me this picture so ignore the writing on it. "Our House" is the Chapa House. So everything is in their point of view) Helicopters have been flying over our house all day so there is a picture of that too.
Dad and Jake got home safely on Saturday evening! The five of us were SO excited to have them back home!
We love everybody so much!
Love,
Kirk, Dawn, Jakie, Me, Emily, Bekah and Hannah
HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNCLE ADAM AND AUNT MELISSA!!!!
Hope you have a fabulastic birthday and we love you! MWAH!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment