The Garrett Gazette
5/11/08
Dear Family and Friends,
To start off our letter today…HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! I love you all, and I hope you all have a great day!
Alright, so this week has been…interesting…I guess. We haven't really been doing like a TON of stuff, but life is still tiring some times!
I don't think I have an older brother anymore! I think I have an older sister who is part boy! You should see what Jakie does! It's quite funny. He straightens his hair, paints his nails, and he says the hardest part of the day is figuring out which jacket to wear out of his ten! Now, doesn't that sound like a girl! Well, we love him anyway!
Well, mommy thinks there is something wrong with me, because I've recently began taking 1 ½ hour naps right after school! She thinks it's odd, but I think it feels good! I am completely done with End of Level Testing now! YES! And I have all A's except for an A- in foods! So my grades are pretty okay!
Emily is gonna give a talk today in Primary! I'm sure she's VERY excited about it. *rolling eyes, and sarcastic grin* Em finished the Harry Potter series, and now is starting over again. I don't know why she would do that…I have to wait till I forget everything that happens before I can read a book again, but oh well…she's just like daddy! Emily is working hard for her Hershey track meet…which is this Tuesday I think!
Bekah boo has told me that I'm not allowed to speak about her in the Gazette, but I'm gonna anyway. Bekah has been getting ready for her dance recital a week from Monday. That means we get to hear Hairspray 24/7 (well, not quite that much) but it can get annoying sometimes…funny thing is, she won't let dad watch her, but she'll be dancing right in front of him! That makes me giggle!
Hannah is her normal adorable self! Earlier this week, she spilled some Ramen noodles on her leg, and it was hurting her. So she went to mom, and said, "Mommy, my Ramen sun-burn hurts!" She has been getting ready for her Kindergarten Graduation. She gets to memorize a line for the program, and her class is singing a whole bunch of songs! She's so cute to listen to.
Mommy is still tired with work and all of that, but she's still great! Mom and I are reading the Book of Mormon together again, so that we can finish by the end of august! It's a Stake Youth activity we're doing. I hope that everyone in our ward is reading the book, but I have no clue.
Daddy is still tired, but it's fun to hang out with him. Me and daddy have a tradition that every Saturday night we go to the store just to get random odds and ends for Sunday dinner. On the way to and from the store we listen to Showtunes Saturday night on Kosy 106.5! Kosy is definitely my favorite radio station ever, because they play MUSICALS! So anyway…last night Emily came with us, and we had a lot of fun.
Since Jakie never tells me anything, I'll just have to wing this and do it the best that I can. Jake took his girlfriend Jessica to go see a movie with Grandma and Grandpa Garrett! I think they had a good time, but as I've said numerous times, Jakie doesn't tell me squat, so yeah!
Well, Grandma and Grandpa Garrett are down in Utah this weekend and I'm so excited to see them!! Tonight we're gonna have a BIG party over here with Grandma and Grandpa Garrett, Clayton, and Aunt Natalie, Uncle Dirk, and Ben and Maddie! I think that's everyone! I'm so EXCITED! AHH!
I think that's everything for today! I love you all.
Love,
Kirk, Dawn, Jakie, Me, Emily, Bekah, and Hannah
PS-Jakie gave a talk today in Sacrament meeting. He wrote a poem for mommy! Here it goes.
My mother's greatest endeavor
Is to teach all she can
To make a sad face happy
And to lend a helping hand
She gave me everything I have
And taught me all that I know
She seems to always be there for me
And let her love for me show
So respect your mother always
Or you'll pay without a doubt
For my mom often says: "I brought you into this world
And I can easily take you out."
I only want to say thank you mom
For always being so strong
And forgiving me when
I know I've done wrong!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment