Sunday, September 21, 2008

Gazette #3

The Garrett Gazette
4/27/08
Dear Family and Friends,
This week we have been back in school and it's been pretty okay. I think all of us are sick of school and want it to be over…NOW!
On Monday, Bekah gave our Family Home Evening lesson! It was very….how do I put it…interesting. Besides the fact that she was jumping off the walls, she did pretty good. The lesson was about the Creation of the Earth. She had some nice activities, like a scavenger hunt, and so on. It was hilarious to watch!
Bekah also found out that her teacher is going to have a baby, and she has been so excited about it. She has gone all over the house finding crafts she can put together so that she can give her teacher a present. Bekah is so thoughtful and I love it!
Friday was a great fun day for daddy and Hannah. They went on a field trip for Hannah's school. The field trip was to a Dinosaur Museum. I'm not sure all that went on there, but according to the pictures, it looked like they had a lot of fun. (I'll include some)
Emily has been reading the Harry Potter series, and she just finished with the sixth book! She is excited to finish the series, but right now, she is VERY angry at Snape! (If you guys have read The Half-Blood Prince you know why she'd be mad)
On Friday night, I went Babysitting. I babysat for one of mom's friends. Her kids were Kirk and Emma Heaton. (the most adorable kids on the planet) Well…I was putting together a puzzle with Kirk, and I mentioned that the puzzle was frustrating. He looked at me and said, "Yeah, Fru-stra-ting!" About a half hour later, as I was putting the kids to bed, Kirk started screaming, and cried, "Megan, you are Fru-stra-ting!" I couldn't help but giggle, I was just proud that I taught a kid a new word!
Now, Saturday was my favorite part of the week. For one, there was no school, but also because I got to go to Youth Conference for our stake. John Bytheway spoke to us about the Book of Mormon, and he was so funny! The time just flied by while listening to him. Then he gave us the challenge to read the Book of Mormon by the end of August! After Brother Bytheway spoke to us, we had breakfast! I didn't like the breakfast very much cuz everything was all dried out, but I did like the Orange Juice. We also performed skits. Each building in our stake did a skit. Our skit was about the gold plates, but the other buildings did great jobs with their skits.
Our whole family has had Dentist appointments this week and dad promised us $5.00, If we had no cavities. Unfortunately none of us could measure up to that except for Mom!
Well, Friday was Mid-term for us, so that means only half a term left till school gets out. That sounds wonderful. I can't wait till summer when I get to sleep in and it'll be warm enough to play outside. Summer sounds heavenly right now!
I think that is all that is going on over here! I hope to hear from you all, just to know all that's going on in your lives!
Love,
Kirk, Dawn, Jake, Meg, Emily, Bekah, and Hannah

No comments: