The Garrett Gazette
7/6/08
Dear Family and Friends,
This week was VERY busy. Our family went up to Oregon on Tuesday and stayed until Saturday. We had a lot of fun up there. I know that half of you were there, so this will just be a recap I suppose.
Monday we got ready to go. We went shopping and rented movies, and packed our bags and lots more. We also went to Grandma and Grandpa Claytons house for dinner. I made Key lime pie again. Mmm…it was delicious!
Tuesday we did last minute stuff then we took off. We got to Aunt Amelia's house really late and stayed the night over there! Thanks Amelia and Thomas!!! We really appreciate your hospitality.
Wednesday we went shopping I think. I can't really remember because all the days seem to mush together. We picked out presents for Jake's birthday. Later that night Jake, Emily, Shaylee and I went to Mutual with Amelia. That was a pretty okay experience I guess.
On Thursday we celebrated Jake's birthday although his birthday wasn't until today. Jessica went to Boardman from Washington so that she could see Jakie. I could tell Jake was Ecstatic. I rather thought it was kind of weird having her stay a few days with us, but oh well. We also went to some pretty place and did Family pictures! We got LOTS of bug bites, but it was overall pretty fun.
Friday was (of course) INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!! Happy 4th of July very late! We stayed at Adam and Melissa's house and camped out that night. We watched the fireworks from somewhere close to their house in Hermiston. The fireworks were very cool. At first a lot of the little girls were terrified, but they calmed down and loved them by the end. Suzie was probably the most scared out of everyone, but after they were done she totally loved them! It was kind of funny. Grandpa Garrett got a brand new red Corvette in which he took all the grandkids for a ride. That car is pretty cool, it goes really fast.
Saturday was kinda miserable for me. I got sick with a cold or something, so I didn't feel so great. All the younger kids; however, loved it. Grandpa Garrett paid for everyone to go swimming at a big pool. I know that my sisters loved it, but right after swimming we started home. We made it home early this morning at about 1:00 or 2:00 ish. I was SO happy to sleep in my own bed!
I asked the girls what their favorite parts of the trip were…here are the responses.
Hannah: When we went to the pool and saw the fireworks.
Bekah: The Fireworks Finale! When it exploded and I could feel warm from the fireworks.
Emily: I like going to the swimming pool and making fourth of July decorations.
Me: I loved little Sydney's hugs.
I think I can tell that Jake's favorite part was Jessica.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKIE!
In case you didn't notice….it's Jake's Birthday today.
Love,
Kirk, Dawn, Jakie, Me, Emily, Bekah and Hannah.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment