Thursday, October 2, 2008

Megabeth


I think that I may like this opportunity to write about my kids. There's plenty to write about. It might do them some good to read about it. Or they might just think it's lame.

I am trying to think of words that describe Megan. I think that anyone who knows her, can say that she is a little precocious. She knows what her interests are, and isn't afraid to let you know. Along with that, is a fierce loyalty to her values.

It's neat to watch her embrace Personal Progress in Young Women. I think she is trying to finish it all before she is fifteen years old. But it is helping her to decide what type of person she wants to be. And she is progressing nicely.

She is nuts about musical theater. I have to blame her mother and Cats for that. It was like a highly addictive drug. Once it was in their bloodstream, they always want more. But I can think of few better natural highs, than being able to get in front of people, and giving them wholesome entertainment.

It's been fun to watch how she has grown with each play as well. I think the first play that she auditioned for was Sound of Music. It was a disaster. If there was a part for someone who just cried, I think she could have been cast. She was too shy to do anything else. The next play that she tried to get into was Robin Hood. It took some support from Mom to get her started, but she squeaked it out. It was enough to get her cast as a villager. At some point they needed a girl to sing a little stronger. Meg could do it! and she sang out, "Flour for sale!" I think it was a great solo of three words! Next she auditioned for Aladdin Jr. and was cast as one of the narrators. She loved it! She had speaking lines, and sang, and was just glowing. After begging for days, mopping the floors with tears, and a long hunger strike, (alright, she only begged) we agreed to let her audition for The Truth About Cinderella. She was cast as Lady Scone. She shined again. It was tough for her, because the role was supposed to be an old busybody, but Meg couldn't do anything but young and beautiful. So now we have Willy Wonka Jr. and they're determined to get her to look and act old. She is cast as one of Charlie's grandmother, Josephina. She'll do a wonderful job!

Even though she is intensely involved in theater, she also takes piano, and is getting quite good at it. She is also involved in involved in show choir. Yet, she manages to keep up all her grades. She's pretty amazing.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

She will be a great Granny. We just need to get her into the Blue Hair mode. I see a cane!