The Garrett Gazette
4/15/08
Dear Family and Friends,
For the few of you who don't know me, I am Meg Garrett! Kirk and Dawn Garrett are my parents!
For a Personal Progress 10 Hour Project, I am writing a newsletter for our family, basically to tell everyone what is going on in our lives and what we may need help with, etc. So, knowing that I am only 13 years old, bear with me on this, and I hope you enjoy! I will be sending this out almost every Sunday!
First off, I got this idea from one of my best friends Nicole (I may often refer to her as Bert) Her family does the 'Bunker Bits' and this may be WAY different from what their family does, but I do what I can!
The past month or so has been very busy for us. As you may or may not know, Mom just got a new job starting on March 17th. She works for 1-800-CONTACTS and I think she likes her job! Later she can elaborate on that subject if she wants. Because of mommy's job, we all get to help out a lot more around the house. This can be annoying at times, but I think it'll help us all out in the long run.
Daddy is daddy. He is definitely a more tired daddy, but he's doing ok I think! He can definitely sympathize with mom a bit more now. He gets to be the taxi service, laundry guy, money maker, and somewhere in there he has to get some sleep. I think he's having LOADS of fun! Daddy got a new calling too. He is the second counselor in the Sunday School presidency. Or maybe he's the first counselor, I don't really know!
Mommy is great! She has to leave early for work, but she still gets home in time to see us and have some fun with us kids! Mom loves it when we help out around the house, and today when we cleaned the entire top floors of the house while she was at work, she was very happy! As well as her new job, she also got a new calling. She is now my Beehive leader, and I LOVE It! She is so much fun!
Recently, Jake was the assistant director for a High School play called Witch Hunt. (Can you believe it? Jake was actually interested in a play!!) Our family went and saw the play for Family Home Evening a couple weeks ago and it was pretty cool. The younger girls were totally confused though. The play was done for a competition or something, and the High School made it to regionals or something like that. (Jake never tells me anything, so I have no clue.)
As for me, I'm doing pretty good. As you all know, I was in the musical The Truth About Cinderella. That Upstage play was pretty fun, and I got the part as Lady Scone. We finished with that play and now I am play-less! It feels kind of weird not having a million and one things to do. As of right now, I am in show choir at Payson Jr. High School, and I'm having a blast. We have one more concert coming up in May and we are going to perform a whole bunch of songs, including: Dance Evolution, Lollipop, Seize the Day, and One Short Day. My BFF at PJHS, Kylee, and I are choreographing One Short Day, and it is so much fun! Other than that, I don't think I've done anything majorly exciting.
Emily is doing wonderful. She and Dad are still doing that 'No Sugar' thing, and Emily is doing great! I have no clue how she could do that, I would be eating sugar within 20 minutes of starting the contest. Yikes! Emily is doing very well in school, and I am very proud of her! A while back she had a wax museum, in which she was the Great, the wonderful… HELEN KELLER! She researched all about Helen Keller, and then told everyone about her! She did wonderful and I'm glad I was there to support her. Right now her class is starting a new unit about the states and capitals. She is doing a report on the magnificent state, Oregon, and she seems pretty excited about it!
Oh yeah, Emily and I both had a piano festival! During that festival we were judged on two songs that we played. Both of us got SUPERIORS!!!! That was very exciting!
Bekah-Boo is fabulous. She has the most contagious laugh I have ever heard, and it is so cute! Recently she has started dance lessons, and if you turn on "Nicest Kids in Town" from Hairspray, you can count on her to be bouncing all over the room doing the dance. It is hilarious! Rebekah has decided to attach herself to my arm (don't ask me why) but I love getting attention from her. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Now for Hannah! Oh she is so silly. I swear, she comes up with the most random things to say! Like this morning, I was trying to get her to clean the bathroom, and she started yelling, "DON'T DO MY HAIR, I ALREADY DID MY HAIR!" I must admit, her hair was a disaster, but I certainly wasn't going to try to do anything about it! Then I wanted her to pick up her dirty clothes and she firmly stated, "Nope! I'm a goblin!" Don't ask me where she got that! At school, Hannah's kindergarten class did a nursery rhyme thingy, and she got to be Jill (from Jack and Jill). She wore an adorable pink dress and had a pink little bucket! I love Baby Roo!
Well, that's our family story, and I hope you enjoyed it!
Love,
Kirk, Dawn, Jacob, MEGAN, Emily, Rebekah, and Hannah!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment