Sunday, September 21, 2008

Gazette #17



The Garrett Gazette
8/17/08
Dear Family and Friends,
Hey Everybody! I'm sorry I didn't write last week. My Sunday was spent getting ready for church, going to church, then packing for Girls Camp! I was at Girls Camp all week so I don't really know what happened at home! So mostly this is going to be a Meg Gazette instead of the Garrett Gazette! I hope you guys will enjoy reading about Girls Camp!
For the first few days of Young Women's Camp, mommy got to be up there with me! On Monday we rode in some Busses up to Heber Valley Camp! The bus ride was long so I fell asleep! Once we got to the Camp we got ourselves situated in our cabins. We had to have more than one Cabin because our ward is so huge! All the naughty loud beehives were in the other cabin while the good girls were in the my cabin! We went to a Challenge Course where we did a number of activities! We climbed up a really high tree then walked across a rope to another tree where we would repel down that tree! (hopefully that made sense) There was a challenge where we had to get everyone through a spider web without touching anything, there were a lot of balancing things and yeah! It was quite a lot of fun!
Tuesday we hiked down to Legacy Lake where we learned how to Canoe! We had fun doing that! Canoeing isn't that hard I realized. The hard part would be going straight! We walked back to camp and had lunch and did more fun stuff. (I can't even remember half the things we did) The YCL's (Youth Camp Leaders) taught us songs and that was fun! Oh yeah…Tuesday was Skit night! Every ward got a bag of random props that we had to use in our skit! Our Ward did the skit the "Pink Panther Empress of Oz" (a twist on Wizard of Oz, but our ward was the Pink Panthers so yeah) We had a lot of fun doing our skit! I got to be DOROTHY!!!! J
Wednesday we got a lot of free time! For Camp Certification I had to teach a song or a dance to the other girls in our ward! Me and Ky taught them STOMP! (a dance we learned in show choir) Mommy had to go home that day, but we still had fun! We went and sang to our Missionaries were up at Heber! I watched the sunset and it was beautiful! Our Stake did Singing in the Tree's. That is where every ward has a tree and when it's our turn we turn our flashlights on and shine it up in our tree and sing a song, then the next ward, and so on! That was pretty cool! On Wednesday I finished the Book Of Mormon!!
Thursday was the hike! Us 3rd years only had to hike like 2 ½ miles, but the 2nd years had to hike 5 miles. They ended up getting lost so they hiked 8! Yikes! They survived though!! Thursday was our Bishopric night! That's the night when the bishopric comes up and we do our Testimony meeting and stuff! Ky, Jamie, and I made a Dutch oven dinner that turned out really good! Before Testimony meeting Tiffany Anderson (our camp director) passed out awards to all of us. I got the 'Stella Star Award' meaning I reach out to people, and make sure they are included! There were a lot of fun awards that people got! Our Testimony meeting was Amazing! Everyone, even the non-members got up and spoke! It was so cool! Oh yeah, Ky put my hair in a bunch of braids on Tuesday night! We took them out Thursday afternoon! My hair was so fuzzy and cool! I looked like I had a Mane!
Friday we packed up and came home! YES!!! I fell asleep on the bus ride home! It was so nice to get home and be able to take a shower! I was SO happy! I told my family all about camp! I also taught Hannah one of the camp songs I learned! She is so cute when she does it!
Yesterday I got my hair cut! It's pretty darn short now! It looks really cute when it's all flipped up and stuff! I like it!! Mom and Dad took me and Kylee out to celebrate my birthday! We went to see the "Best of Broadway" at Center Street Theater! It was awful, but that's okay! We went to Coldstone after to get Ice Cream and they sang Happy Birthday to me!!! I really loved it!!!
So yeah…there was the Meg Gazette! Hope y'all liked it!!!
Love,
Kirk, Dawn, Jake, Me, Emily, Bekah and Hannah
Oh yeah! Mommy's brother Adam's birthday was on the 15th!
Happy Birthday Adam!!!

No comments: