The Garrett Gazette
4/4/09
Dear Family and Friends,
Alrighty, I’ve got a LOT to say I think! Here goes…
We got about a month of a break from plays and now we’ve started up again! Sort of! In a way! Mom, Emily, Bekah and I tried out for a PCT production. They held auditions for The Wizard of Oz on March 27th. Mom and I made callbacks. I got callbacks for Dorothy, while mom got callbacks for The Wicked Witch of the West. They didn’t even let me read lines cuz I’m not old enough, so I don’t get to be Dorothy. Mommy made it into the final two, but they chose the other lady, Ramona Samuels. She is the lady that mom sang McCavity with, so they were pretty happy for each other. Me and mom are Brush Brush beauticians. (we’re not quite sure what that is yet) Emily is an Ozian and Bekah is a munchkin!! We haven’t started rehearsals yet, but I’m excited!!! My friends Ky and Ashlin are the same thing as me! We’re gonna have a BLAST!!!
Mom, Dad and I have all had a turn being sick within the last couple weeks. Mom was soo lucky cuz she was sick while auditioning for the play. I’m even luckier cuz I got sick when I went to festival yesterday! (I’m being sarcastic by the way). Now…done with sarcasm…we did a great job at festival. In my opinion, my choir class stinks REALLY bad and I thought we would get a III. Instead we got a 1-. That’s also called a Superior minus, or it’s easier to understand as an A-. That means we were almost at the top!!
Mommy doesn’t have to work on Saturdays anymore!!! It’s SO EXCITING! Since she’s worked at 1-800-CONTACTS for a year, she gets her Saturdays off, and so she can spend them with us! We can be NOISY on Saturdays! YAY!
Our ward split last week! We used to be a part of the Highline ward, but we got too big. The Maple Dell ward got huge too, so they combined some of Highline with some of Maple Dell. They also made a new Greenridge ward. We are now part of the Maple Dell ward which is where we were at before we got split into Highline. It’s kinda bittersweet in my opinion. Kylee lives on the other side of Highline, so now we’re not in the same ward, and I don’t know very many of the girls in Maple Dell! But it is nice to see some familiar faces and I know the bishopric really well, so that’s always nice!!
The Draper Temple dedication was a couple weeks ago. Mom, Dad, Emily, Me, and Bekah got to go to that! It was really cool!! When everyone sang the Spirit of God it was really special!
I feel like I should say something about Jakie, but I can’t think of anything! He’s never home, so there’s not much to say!
Aunt Amelia had her baby. Austin Edward Newton is his name! He’s cute and squishy!!!
Loves,
Kirk, Dawn, Jake, Me, Emily, Bekah, and Hannah!
No comments:
Post a Comment