Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Gazette...





The Garrett Gazette

3/18/09

Dear Family and Friends,

Our life is mostly back to normal now!!! Willy Wonka ended on the 7th of this month, so since then, I’ve had to wrap up a few random other performances, but now things are almost normal.

Wonka was a blast to be in. We had so much fun with random little things and you miss those random little things when it’s all over. We had a lot of funny things happen during performance. One of the Oompa Loompas pulled the fire alarm after one of our performances. That was an adventure. We did so well some nights, and other nights we messed up everything! It was a great experience. Closing night was really hard for a lot of us. The little boy who played Charlie Bucket was having a really hard time and he was crying a lot. I cried quite a bit before we went on stage, and then after the cast party was all over there was more crying. It’s so hard to say good bye to everybody when you’ve been like a family for three months. Well, I guess I’ll stop talking about Willy Wonka now.

Last week I had a few more things that I had to perform. I had a choir concert, in which I did awful. I completely spaced a part of my dance and I was quite literally front and center. It was embarrassing. That was on Tuesday the 10th. On Thursday the 12th me and Emily had a piano recital where we played two songs. We took those songs to festival on Saturday the 14th where we both got superiors (that’s the highest you can get) and I got stars on both of my songs which means something really trippy! Once I get more info, I’ll tell you what that means.

We celebrated Emily’s birthday on Sunday the 8th. I think she had a pretty good birthday! We ate lots of sugar and she got lots of hair and make up stuff!!! I’m pretty sure she enjoyed that!!!
Well…I don’t think I have anything else to talk about, so I’ll close now!!!

We love you all. Have a wonderful week, and we’ll talk to y’all soon!!!

Love,
Kirk, Dawn, Jakie, Me, Emily, Bekah and Hannah.
PS-Sorry, i don't have a pic of Emily on here...but i don't have a pic with all of us in it!

No comments: