Monday, February 16, 2009

Gazette twenty...something?

The Garrett Gazette

2/16/09

Dear Family and Friends,

Basically if you want a short version of what has gone on in our lives it is Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka, and more Willy Wonka! AHH! We are pretty much about to puke Wonka right now! But since I’m nice and want to put you through the torture, I’ll go into more detail about our lives!

This last weekend Mommy and Daddy took off and left us all alone at home. Okay, well it had been planned for a few weeks and Grandma and Grandpa took us for a few hours, but yeah. They went to Idaho for Marty’s wedding. I think Dad will go into more detail about that, but I’ll just mention that we made it through alive with no burned house!! YAY! We watched a few movies, cleaned, watched more movies, ate and yeah!

Jakie bought a car the other day. It’s little and loud and if you ask me, it’s ugly. Jakie doesn’t think it’s ugly though, so that’s why he doesn’t ask me. He loves his car!

Now…Willy Wonka! As you all know by now…our whole family (except for Jake) is involved in this play. Emily, Bekah, Hannah and I are the actors, mom is the producer, and dad is a set and sound guy! We are opening this weekend, which means we’ve been going bonkers for the last two weeks trying to get things done. We’ve had to build the set, paint the set, add more stage to the set, paint some more set, build some candy, paint the candy, hang up the candy, finish finding props and then of course run the show five jillion times. Chad and Tina (our directors) are amazing and have been working overtime along with mom and dad and the rest of the board. We go to rehearsals early, stay after rehearsals and yeah. For Pete’s sake we were at Peteetneet for 6 ½ hours today!!!! OH MY GOSH! That’s a long, long time! Anyway, that’s our life right now. School, Work and Rehearsals…but thank goodness it’ll be over soon. Speaking of which, our performances are this Friday and the next three weekends. February 20, 21, 25, 27, 28 and March 4, 6, 7 all at 7:00 PM. Ticket info is on the side bar of the blog! PLEASE, PLEASE COME!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s midterm now in school which means we have a term and a half left till summer! That is AMAZING! This year has gone by hugely fast!

I got my Young Women’s Medallion which is really nice! It’s SO pretty! We had New Beginnings yesterday and Emily got to go to that. She was really nervous, because she was the youngest one there, but I think she’s secretly excited to be in Young Women’s.

I also got my Wisdom teeth pulled a couple weeks ago. I was pretty okay for the first couple days, but then on the third day my cheeks were HUGE and I looked like a Chipmunk. I got a little bit teased at school on Monday because of my chipmunk ness (although it wasn’t as bad as it was on Sunday). I still have to keep rinsing with an antibiotic mouth wash and squirting food out of my sockets after I eat, but my mouth is feeling TONS better!

Umm….I don’t think there’s been anything else taking up all our time, so I’ll be done now I guess.

Love,
Kirk, Dawn, Jakie, Me, Emily, Bekah and Hannah!

No comments: