Sunday, January 10, 2010

Jan 10, 2010

The Garrett Gazette
1/10/10

Dear Family and Friends,

Merry Late Christmas and Happy New Year!!!! I know that I'm very late, but that's okay right?! We had a lot of stuff going on, but I don't remember it all, so I'll do my best.

Everyone of us kids had a Christmas concert type of thing. Hannah sang some songs with her class and mom went to see that. The Monday before Christmas, Bekah's grade did “Grandma got ran over by a reindeer” and Rebekah played the “Grandpa” She had a lot of fun doing that, and according to Grandma and Mommy, she was hilarious! Emily had a choir concert on the 15th of December where she and I sang a duet of “Santa Baby.” We did super good, although we had some technical difficulties and the rest of the concert was cute too. I had a concert on the 16th where I sang three songs with my class and as a whole choir, we invited the Alumni to come up and sing the “Hallelujah Chorus” with us. That was a lot of fun, and it sounded so cool. The whole auditorium was decorated with Poinsettias so it looked beautiful.

We had a great Christmas break. I was able to go sledding with a few friends, and I haven't done that since I was little, so that was an adventure.

Christmas Eve went great! We had a typical dinner of Ham and Christmas potatoes and then we opened presents! We all had fun opening everything, but as you probably know, the last present of the night was Jessica's. Jakie gave Jessica a box of sees candy with an engagement ring in it and he proposed. The ring is uber pretty and the date is now set for May 21st, 2010.

Christmas was a good day too! I was the first kid awake, (that hasn't happened for 3 or 4 years) and we were all surprised by what Santa left us! I got a rockin awesome camera that the whole Garrett family has already seen. Bekah got an aquarium and a fish named Leo. She loves that fish. Emily got a cute outfit and a really pretty calendar holder, and Hannah got an adorable dress and some Barbie and the Three Musketeers stuff.

The day after Christmas we went up to Idaho to spend some time with Daddy's side of the family. We stayed in a Hotel and we had loads of fun with all our cousins. I took a jillion pictures and we all ate TONS of food!

On New Years Eve, Bekah went to a party and I went to a multi stake dance until about 10:30. We, of course, drank sparkling cider, and counted down to midnight!

On the day that we started school again, Daddy also went to school. He started college over at UVU and he is still overwhelmed with everything, so I'll give you more info later. We also started rehearsals for “Doo Wop Wed Widing Hood” that me, Emily, Bekah, and Hannah are all in. We are so excited to be in this show. It'll be a blast!

The start of this new year has brought some realization with it. I noticed that this year is going to be a year of changes for our family. 1St, daddy started school so that's a big change! Hannah is turning 8 and will get baptized this year and Jakie is getting married. I am turning 16, so I'll be getting my permit, and my liscense this year along with being able to date. SCARY! So this year will be super different than last year, but it'll be good.

Happy Birthday to Ava and Alea! We love you two soooo much and I can't wait to see you again!

Also....Happy Birthday Aunt Amelia!!!! You're a rockin awesome aunt, and thanks for the Christmas presents you gave us!!!

Happy Birthday Keith and Kacey!! (hopefully I spelled that right) We love you and can't wait to see you again.

And Happy Birthday Grandma Clayton!! We're still a couple weeks off, but still, hope you have a great one!!!

Love,
Kirk, Dawn, Jakie, Me, Emily, Bekah and Hannah

No comments: