Sunday, November 29, 2009

11/29

The Garrett Gazette

11/29/09

Dear Family and Friends,

Happy Holidays!!!! We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, we sure enjoyed it! I have a lot to write about, so I’ll back up a little bit.

Since the last time I wrote we’ve had a bunch of little things going on! I’ll start with concerts. Emily had a choir concert in October, that I wasn’t able to go to because of Young Women’s but I hear it was great. Her class sang “Dance Evolution” which was a song that I did my first year of Show Choir and it was so much fun. It was fun to hear her singing that around the house just like I did. I also had a choir concert like a week after Emily’s. I am in Advanced Women’s Chorus, but our name is “Bella Voce” meaning Beautiful Voices. We didn’t sing any songs that’d be familiar to anybody, but they were pretty! The Chamber singers (that’s the top choir) sang “America the Beautiful” and it was GORGEOUS!!!!!! Emily’s next concert is December 15th I believe, and she is trying out for a solo this week. My next concert is December 16th, and we are singing some beautiful songs, so if you live close enough to come, that’d be great!

In the last Gazette I mentioned that I tried out for How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. Well we performed that about 3 weeks ago, and it went very well. I’ll post pictures! I had to wear a dress that I couldn’t breathe in and I got to sing a big solo! It was really fun!

Emily and I got great grades for first term. They were all A’s and B’s!! I think Bekah and Hannah got good grades too, but they have a different grading system, so I’m not really sure!

Emily, Bekah and I all tried out for an Upstage play a couple weeks ago and we all made it into the play! The musical is “Doo Wop Wed Widing Hood” which is a 50’s version of little red riding hood. I made the part of “Medium Purple” (Little Red’s sister) and Emily and Bekah are both in the chorus. They get to do SIX PART HARMONY!!!! That’s going to be so much fun and we’ll probably get to wear POODLE SKIRTS!!!!!!! We’re super excited!!

Last Saturday our whole family went to Logan to visit Afton. (She’s my old piano teacher, and one of mom’s best friends.) Mom, Afton, and Carey went to sing at some spiffy thing for a while but while we were up there we did a lot of stuff while mom was practicing. Dad took everyone over to a Cheese Factory, and a cookie place so they had a lot of fun doing that! While they did that, I got to tape wires down for Afton’s sound system. While they were performing we all watched “Star Trek” and enjoyed Afton’s daughter Shelby. She was so cute and she did the funniest things! We sure had a blast just playing with her!

Now for Thanksgiving! We hosted dinner at our house this year and set up everything in the basement. Mom made mostly everything, but I made Carmel and Spinach dip!! All the food was soooo good. I just wish it would have snowed. It was a pretty nice day, but I’ve been looking forward to snow for a long time, and it’s not working!

Well that’s all the things that come to mind. We love you all and hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving, and have a good Christmas!!!!

Love,
Kirk, Dawn, Jakie, Me, Emily, Bekah!

No comments: