The Garrett Gazette
9/25/09
Dear Family and Friends,
It’s been FOREVER since I’ve written, so we’ve got a lot to catch up on! The biggest thing that’s happened from the last time I wrote and now, was the Wizard of Oz. You all should be aware that our whole family was in that by now! Mom was the Wicked Witch double, an Ozian and a Jitterbug. I was an Ozian and a Jitterbug, Emily was an Ozian and a Winkie guard and Bekah and Hannah were Munchkins. Daddy was backstage helping with the flying. When I last wrote, that was when the play started to pick up and our lives went crazy! That was also when we made the most friends I think! The play turned out to be amazing and everyone who came to watch it loved it! It was so exciting to see Grandma and Grandpa Clayton, Aunt Amy, and Aunt Amelia! Jake also brought Jessica and I think they all enjoyed it! After the play was over, it was nice to get back to a normal, boring life, but it was also REALLY sad because we wouldn’t get to see our cast for awhile! Luckily we had a cast party just this last Monday and we were able to see everyone again!
School is going well for us all. Jakie is going to college, but I don’t know how to say the name of the college so you have to ask Jake about that. He seems to like it fine, as he talks about it a lot when he comes home for dinner on Sundays.
Emily is now in Jr. High and I think she likes it! She was pretty scared about getting lost and not being able to open her locker, but she was awesome and totally rocked at everything!!! She loves her choir class and math, so she’s doing very well! She has VERY good grades so far.
Bekah is in fifth grade at Park View. She likes her teacher and she’s made a bunch of new friends in her class, so life is good! Hannah is in second grade and she has a teacher that Emily used to have! She likes that class, but I don’t really know much about it, because they don’t talk about school much to me.
I am in High School and it’s big and scary, but I’m getting used to it. I’m pretty sure there is no dress code because people just wear whatever they want, whether it’s modest or not. My classes are going well and I have straight A’s so I’m good in that area. I tried out for the school musical which was originally going to be The Sound of Music and then in the middle of auditions they changed it to How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. I made it as ‘Miss Jones’ who is the big boss’ secretary. She is a “dragon lady” as the part is described. The play is way cute and I’m super excited!!!!!
I don’t know that there is really much else to talk about because this is all that consumes our lives. We watch a lot of TV, but don’t worry, we’re not couch potatoes because we do enough running around to keep that from happening.
Well that’s all I can think of at the moment, so I’ll post more as I come up with it!
HUGS AND KISSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Kirk, Dawn, Jakie, Me, Emily, Bekah and Hannah
Friday, September 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment