Tuesday, July 14, 2009

July Gazette

The Garrett Gazette
7/14/09
Dear Family and Friends,
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY! And Pioneer day too, because I probably won't write again until after that. Well, life's been pretty good for us, hope everything is going great for you guys too!!
I'm not exactly sure where to begin, so I guess I'll just start with news of Jakie!

I know, I know...you're thinking “That's a first” and it is, but anyway, Jakie moved out of the house on July 5th, but officially, he moved his stuff on his birthday on July 6th. He is now 18 years old and he's out of the house. He lives in an apartment with one of his friends in Spanish Fork and he's gonna go to college next year which he starts on August 17th which is my birthday. He still works for Nick at ISG as far as I'm aware and his roommate loves his cooking!

Wizard of Oz is coming along nicely. We are starting blocking this week...*GAG* but at least we're done learning dances. Mom and I are in the Jitterbug which is gonna be a lot of fun! We get to wear fun costumes! Mommy is done with her costume, she just has to do the finishing touches now! Bekah's costume is finished, and I have the top of mine just about done. We will work on Emily's on Friday and hers is gonna be so cute!! Hannah already has a costume, so we don't have to worry about her too much. I'm excited to do the girls hair! It's supposed to look funny, so we're gonna do it funny!!!!!!

Daddy got to take last week off from work, so we got to do a bunch of fun stuff!! We watched movies, and went shopping, and camped in the back yard, and all sorts of things! I think dad had a lot of fun, but now he has to work again, and we're all kinda sad.

On Tuesday Emily and I got to go do Baptisms for the Dead. It was Emily's first time, and it was really neat.

Tuesday I also got to go on the 4th year pack-in, which really wasn't a pack in. We drove up to the campsite and set up tents and then drove back down. I had LOADS of fun up there. We painted faces and played Volleyball and played pranks on the leaders, and went hiking and all sorts of stuff!!!

I don't know if I've ever mentioned this, but for the past few months, I've been teaching Rebekah how to play the piano. She does pretty well with it, considering her teacher is also her sister and I'm very proud of her. Her and I played a duet for Family Home Evening last week and she did a SUPER job!

A few weeks ago, Our family and Grandma and Grandpa Clayton went to the Manti Pageant. The temple was SO pretty and the pageant was great. We had lots of fun while there. We had a picnic and we took LOTS of pictures (once we get those on the computer, I'll post them) and we played Mormon Mouthful. We got to talk to some of the actors in the cast and then we watched it. It was a very spiritual experience for us.

As of right now I've got nothing left to say...I know there's more, but I can't find it in my brain, so good bye!! We love you all!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Mom on the 25th and Bekah Boo on the 28th.

Love,
Kirk, Dawn, Jakie, Me, Emily, Bekah and Hannah

No comments: