Dear Family and Friends,
Nice to see y'all again! I think the space between the last post and now is the longest one yet! Oops! So I guess I'll just write and see what people can understand!
 |
Rebekah graduating from
Elementary School! |
Since the last time I wrote we've gone through another year of school. This year was my junior year and it was great to meet people and make wonderful friendships. It was hard for me to say goodbye to those who graduated, but guess what?! That will be me in a year! Crazy, huh! Emily finished 8th grade with flying colors!!! She got fantastic grades, and we are all so proud of her!! She was in Perfect Harmony this year and she did a great job. At her Christmas concert I was able to sing a duet with her. That was a lot of fun! At her final concert, she sang by herself for the first time. She sang “Orange Colored Sky” and she stole the show!! What an amazing jazz singer. (Dad will post the video as soon as he can get it to work). Emily has also developed her lower range extremely well. In ward choir she sang tenor. Holy cow!! Bekah Boo completed 6th grade this year, and that means no more elementary school ever again! This year was a hard year for her, but she made it through and we're proud! She has learned many life lessons about friends, and she's very grateful to her teacher! Hannah finished 3rd grade and she had a great time! She's so strange, but that's okay!
 |
Me and my wonderful
Homecoming date! |
I've had great fun dating this year! There's lots of drama involved with being 16, but mostly I really like it. I was privileged to go to all but one dance this year and it was fun. I was asked to Homecoming, El Cheapo, and Prom. I also took out two boys to Sadie Hawkins and Morp! I was also able to participate in Chamber Choir and Concert Choir this year! That was so fun! Choir tour was amazing. There was a lot of driving involved (being that we drove to California). We won a few awards at a festival, goofed off at Disneyland, almost froze at the beach, and had a wonderful Sunday singing at different churches.
 |
Me and my besties as we entered
Disneyland during Choir Tour! |
This year our family got to take a look behind the scenes of a play. Normally us kids are on the stage performing our hearts out, but we kinda changed it up a little. Upstage did “Narnia” but none of us auditioned. We ended up being techies. Dad controlled the sound, and I was the mic lady! I got to run up and down and everywhere to make sure actors could be heard! Emily ran the spotlight! Dang she's a pro! We have all gained more respect for what happens backstage. I now understand how important the techies are, how much we need to appreciate them! What a good lesson to learn!
 |
| "Somewhere that's green" |
Speaking of acting...I was in Little Shop of Horrors this year! I got to play Audrey and holy cow, that was sooooo fun! I got to speak in a whiny new york accent and it was great fun! I also had a black eye and a broken arm, and I got to die! :D
Mommy tried out for Jekyll and Hyde! She is in the play and it'll be totally epic!!! They perform around Labor Day, so we'll keep y'all updated on that just in case you wanna come see it! It's a tiny cast of 30 people and mom is so good that she gets to be in it! She will be in the ensemble, but with a play like that, any part is amazing. The songs are fantastic and she'll do so well!! She got to sing for a fundraiser for the Springville American Legion with her friend Carey and all the old guys loved her!
Daddy is back on his graveyard shift. Yay!! He likes it a lot better than going to work at 7:30 in the evening. He has also decided to take the summer off of school! What a relief. No more school for anyone!
 |
| Emily and her excellent grades! |
As I've already mentioned, Emily was in Perfect Harmony this year! Because she is so amazing, she got to be in the Honor's Choir, where they select a few amazing students from each junior high school to sing in a big concert. She had a lot of fun doing that, and the choir sounded amazing! Emily has started to read Les Miserables. Ya know...that big fat book that no one understands? Well she's reading it, and it's awesome!! In her talent show this year at the Junior High, she played “River Flows in You” by Yiruma. She's just amazing!
Speaking of “River Flows in You,” my friend Adam plays the cello and so we got together and played that song with me on the piano and him on the cello! Oh my goodness it was beautiful!!! When we get it down way good we will perform it (whether you like it or not, Adam) and I would love to record it too! It's so beautiful! And like Em, I got to go to All State (a high school version of Honor Choir) and sing at the tabernacle in Salt Lake! Oh what a good experience!
Bekah Boo loves to draw! She is becoming a wonderful artist and she draws everything! You should see her fairies, they are so adorable!! We're all getting used to fish coming and going, but she has been able to have baby fish! She had fun taking care of them and she ended up giving two of them to our neighbors and the rest ended up dying. She has been learning the ukelele this year and she wants one to own so bad!! She's almost twelve and she's SO looking forward to girl's camp!
 |
| It's Hannah...need I say more? |
Hannah is insane! She has lost tons and tons of teeth and she says the strangest things! The other night, I came home from a stomp singing one of the songs they played and she sang her own version, with actions to go with it! “I threw my sandwich at the subway guy, sayin' 'Hey-o, I want my Mayo.'” She's crazy! Her and Rebekah also created a little theater for me and Emily. They popped popcorn, made cookies, and had different sizes of water for us to choose from. We had tickets that they made, and Hannah decided we needed to pay for the food somehow. She took our tickets and then thought about how to go about this task, then held the little bar code that Bekah drew, up to her eyes and said “Scan, Scan.” Oh that was hilarious!! She did the simple machine fair this year and she's such a genius that she won the Math Olympics!
I think that's about it for now! I'll try and be a better journalist this summer and keep y'all updated!! Love you all!!!!
Love,
Kirk, Dawn, Me, Emily, Bekah, and Hannah
PS-I always have pics on facebook if you want to see more!! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment