The Garrett Gazette
12/20/08
Dear Family and Friends,
Wow! It’s been a long time, and it’s been so busy with Christmas coming up…AH! So anyway, I guess we’ll just start out with telling what everyone has been up to!
Daddy has been great with helping us get ready for Christmas. When it comes to Mommy’s Christmas presents, he is all over it! He’s had to work a lot of overtime lately which is pooey, but it pays the bills!!
Mommy still works out of home, which is a blessing with all the snow. It would be scary traveling back and forth between here and Draper every single day! She has come to all my choir stuff which is really nice. She has made us homemade hot chocolate a lot lately, which is nice. It’s warm and toasty and I love it!
Jakie works ALL THE TIME! And when he’s not working he’s out playing with friends…I mean “hanging out”. We don’t get to see him much anymore. I leave for school before he even wakes up and he comes home after I’m already in bed. He and Jessica are still dating and she comes over a little bit.
I am doing GREAT! I have had a lot of Perfect Harmony stuff going on. I sang at Wilson Elementary and then at University Mall. We then had our normal concert and then did an assembly for the school…we just kept going and going, but finally we’ve stopped because it’s Christmas break! YAY! In show choir we did a song called “Away from the Mistletoe” which is a great song. A lot of people liked seeing it, and I loved being in it! I’ll try and post the video under this Gazette! Me and my friend Brayden, did the main stuff in that. Other than that I’ve just been dealing with the usual stuff, homework, piano and friends! Of course my family is in there too!!
Emily is having fun in Sixth grade I think. She loves to read and has been reading non-stop lately, it’s so funny to watch her. She hates math (as do I) but she has straight A’s (well, they are actually E’s in elementary school). She had a concert that the sixth grade sang in singing a spoof on “12 days of Christmas” I heard that was great.
Bekah boo is a goofball. She loves Hannah Montana, so when she learned recently that Billy Ray Cirus (is that how it’s spelled?) sang “Achy Breaky Heart” (if that’s how to spell it), she totally cracked up. She was laughing forever and ever. She also sang in the concert at her school and she did well too. She’s been crazy trying to get stuff ready for Christmas and everything…she’s a cutie.
Hannah is last…she says the funniest things. Mommy was telling her to go double check her closet or something, for her socks. Hannah got mad and said “Mommy, I TRIPLE CHECKED!” That was great, she also says random other little things that make no sense, but they’re fun anyway. She also sang a couple songs in her concert and I hear she was ADORABLE in that.
Well…Merry Christmas everybody. We love you all and hope that you have a great Christmas and New Years (cuz it’ll probably be at least that long till I write again).
Love,
Kirk, Dawn, Jakie, Me, Emily, Bekah and Hannah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Meg, you did a good job on your end of the year letter. Jayden wrote our Christmas/end of the year letter this year. I love to read about others in a child's perspective. I know, I know, you are not a child but a young woman. we love your family.
Post a Comment